Texans for Strong Border released our first list of priority legislation this week. Here are the bills we are watching:
Repel the Invasion: The following bills and concurrent resolutions would take direct legislative action to invoke Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution to declare an invasion and deny entry to illegal aliens.
- HB 20 from Representative Matt Shaefer
- HB 4368 by Representative Richard Hayes to
- HCR 78 , HCR 79, and SCR 23 by Representative Ben Bumgarner, Representative Mark Dorazio, and Senator Lois Kolkhorst
- SCR 29 by Senator Brandon Creighton
Mandate E-Verify: The following bills would mandate E-Verify for all Texas businesses, public and private, to deter illegal immigration and protect Texas jobs.
End In-State Tuition for Illegal Aliens: The following bills would end in-state tuition for illegal aliens and stop subsidizing the higher education of foreigners at the expense of Texans.
- HB 859 by Representative Bryan Slaton
- HB 3280 by Representative Terri Leo-Wilson
- HB 4736* by Representative Tony Tinderholt
- *Would end enrollment of Illegal Aliens into Texas Institutions of Higher Education Indefinitely
We will release the rest of our priority bills for this 88th legislative session in the coming days. Stay tuned!
To view our full legislative priorities report that was published before the legislative session: CLICK HERE.